The first thing we need to do is download the spreadsheet. We can do that by going here – You can download both the 2003 MS Office version or the 2010 and onwards one from that link.
If you are using a Windows 8 system, then you’ll need to follow these instructions to get Ultimatcher to work:
- Open Ultimatcher, but DO NOT allow Macros.
- Press ALT-F11, to open the VB editor
- Click on Tools / References (on the top menu)
- Deselect ‘Microsoft XML, V6
- Select ‘Microsft XML, V3’ (If you have a V4, this should be fine as well)
- Click OK, then close the VB Editor
- Save the workbook
- Open the workbook, and this time enable Macros
Another point worth noting is that I have only known this spreadsheet work as it should do on Microsoft Office. Due to the sheer number of macros / vb stuff within the sheet it just doesn’t seem to play well with the likes of Open Office or Google Docs.